I'm Emily, and I sew.
One day, I began thinking about how our society is moving quickly towards a "throwaway" culture. I do a lot of mending of my own clothes and for friends and family. By creating a compact sewing kit with the essential items for basic repairs along with basic sewing how-tos, I could help others save their clothes from ending up in landfills. Another passion of mine is for American-made products - so I sourced almost every item in this kit from US inventors and manufacturers. Each kit is assembled by hand in Northern California.
You support American workers and manufacturers by purchasing this kit.
Whipstitch Calico, PO Box 514, Covelo, CA 95428; (707) 456-7780
Since 2011, the Great American Sewing Kit has sought to source American made products in a response to the outsourcing of many items to overseas factories.
- I believe that the diversity of this nation is what makes it great and support those who fight against damaging and destructive rhetoric.
- I believe in a woman's right to choose and for equal rights for women.
- I believe Black Lives Matter.
- I believe in science and that climate change is a threat to our shared future.
- I believe in love and compassion.
- I believe in America and our ability to overcome strife and work together for a shared future.